As summer swings into fall, many of us are getting back into certain routines that we may neglect during the summer months. Some families are in the "back to school" mode that includes fall sports routines, etc. Others are busy harvesting their gardens and storing up food. Still others simply have a "winter is coming - time to hibernate!" policy which includes more couch or screen time and less outdoor activity.
What habits (good or bad) are you developing in your life today?
Financial Habits that are good for you:
- spending less than you earn
- this is done by small, regular decisions and sometimes by large, life-changing ones. If you want a 3rd-party opinion of where you can cut expenses or increase income, we'd be happy to talk with you.
- knowing what you're spending and auditing for unnecessary expense
- how many Netflix subscriptions do you need?!
- can you outgrow certain expenses (like PMI - private mortgage insurance) by reaching a certain financial goal?
- setting up a systematic savings or investing plan
- Generally speaking - what you don't see, you don't miss
- knowing your net worth
- Either use an app (such as Right Capital which our office can offer to you) or an excel spreadsheet to keep track of your assets (things you own) and liabilities (things you owe.)
- This can be a regular review or can be done each year at tax time.
May God give you wisdom to build good, sustainable, beneficial habits - financial and otherwise!